Thursday, October 13, 2005

Delbert Teague Jr's Last Meal...

Poor Delbert Teague, Jr. Him and his friend shot and robbed this guy while he was with his girlfriend. Shot the boyfriend in the head and then sexually assaulted the girlfriend back in April of 1985. Sentence to death in September 9th, 1998, he didn't want a last meal. I guess the thought of having his life snuffed sort of killed his appetite. He did, however, have one last meal, at his mother's request. It was


A hamburger.


I can see the discussion on that one:

"Oh, come on honey, you have to eat...To keep up your strength...you know?"
"No Ma, really I'm not hungry."
"Oh no! No son of mine is going to die by lethal injection on an empty stomach. Eat something!"
"Jeez, okay Ma. I'll have a hamburger, fries, and Dr. Pepper."
"No, you'll have broccoli and milk."
"Ma!!!"
"And you're not walking into that chamber dressed like that. You'll wear your navy suit..."
"Ma! Please!!!"
"What was the last time you got a haircut? Oy! You'll embarass me walking to your execution with long hair like that, didn't I raise you right? What WILL my friends at the garden club say?"
Teague calling guard, "Guard! Guard! Kill me now!!!"

No comments: